See more of this look in this blog post: 8 Wedding Guest Styling Tips
Blog post on ‘5 Reasons To Embrace Shape Wear’, here
SHOES: Vince Camuto in Petal Pink Satin. I LOVE everything by Vince Camuto! These shoes are knock-outs!!!
MY HUSBAND’S TIE: Michael Strahan
My husband, Paul and I celebrate 25 Years of marriage today. What does one say on that milestone? There is a lot that I can say, but most of it would be cliche’. Many of you are aware that Paul and I have five children. All girls, to be exact. Although they will always be kids to us, three of our girls are functioning and thriving adults. YAY!! Two of them are pretty much on their own! YES!!! Our Children are without question the biggest blessing that has came from spending 25 years together. Being parents is a time consuming job, but one thing that Paul and I never compromised was ‘our’ time together. We have always put the effort in to not only spend ‘quality’ time together, but to ‘enjoy’ one another during that quality time. In the process of raising children, it is very easy to let that go. Doing so can leave you a little lost later on in life, when you actually do have the time to spend together. It’s important to cultivate your relationship. Have fun together, laugh and remember what qualities made you choose that person to begin with. In our 25 years together, there has certainly been hardship. And there certainly will be more. We have not been that ‘perfect marriage’ role model for our children. That’s okay. I believe that as a result, our girls have developed realistic expectations about what married life is: easy at times, hard at times, lots of love, a little forgiveness. They see that a marriage is about teamwork .. which requires many of the same characteristics as a job : communication, problem-solving, time-management, compromise and dedication. At the end of the day, you want your best friend beside you. And it doesn’t hurt when that best friend is a handsome and good man!
Want to hear more on my and Paul’s journey, and what I believe it takes to have a solid foundation for a lasting marriage? You don’t want t miss this blog post: The 75 Year Plan. I also have a few things to share about having babies, or expanding your family … by adding more babies. Read that blog post: 5 Things To Ask Yourself Before Having Kids
To celebrate our Silver Anniversary, Paul and I are in Nashville! Spending that ‘quality’ time together and ‘enjoying’ one another in the process. If you want to join in on that fun, jump on Snapchat. We’ll be sure to take you along for some Country Music Fun. Snapchat Username: tracy_hensel
Our girls surprised us the day before we left for Nashville with this beautiful cake, from our favorite .. City Sweet Petites and Simply Elegant Sweets.
In honor of 25 years together, I have compiled a list of things to look for in your future spouse.
25 QUALITIES TO THE PERSON YOU SHOULD MARRY
- They respect your belief and values.
- They help you grow as a person.
- They trust you, and you trust them.
- They love ALL of you (even the flawed parts).
- They make you laugh, chuckle and have giggle fits.
- They are okay with the occasional night in.
- They make time together a priority.
- They have a life outside of your relationship. And you do, as well.
- They express why they appreciate you.
- They are willing to make compromises.
- They respect your mom and dad.
- They inspire your trust.
- They can admit their shortcomings.
- They captivate your interest.
- They share your vision for the future.
- They give without expectation of anything in return.
- They don’t constantly try to ‘one-up’ you.
- They can be with you in the present moment.
- They turn you on (and vice versa).
- They are willing to confront their demons.
- They don’t let feelings fester inside.
- They remain faithful to you.
- They aren’t resistant to change.
- They exercise personal responsibility.
- They love you here, now, today, as you are.
My Facebook Post from two years ago says it all …
At a wedding last year.
All the BLESSINGS & BEAUTIES!!!
At our engagement party
May 23, 1992 – our wedding day – St. John Vianney Catholic Church, where Paul was an alter boy.
At our reception.
Bikini Competition in 2010, where I took 1st Place.
This year at The Master’s Golf Tournament in Augusta, Georgia.