As a Sephora VIB Member, I anxiously wait year after year to receive my invite coupon card to the Sephora VIB Rouge/VIB 20% off event. The details for this event vary a little each year. Sometimes you receive a second card that you can give to a friend or family member, other years you don’t. Some years they offer this sale in the spring, as well. This gives you the opportunity to stock-up on your favorite beauty items, two times a year. The Sephora VIB Rouge dates are November 4-7. The VIB (which is what I am) is a few days later (the 11-14th).
To qualify to be a VIB Rouge or VIB, you have to start out by being a Beauty Insider. I am sure most of you are already an Insider. If you currently are not, to become one is very easy. All you do is register for their points redemption card. Once signed up, you will receive points for every dollar amount that you spend. To be VIB, you have to fall within a certain amount of points, and even more points to be VIB Rouge. See the pic below, for what those requirements are and what perks you will receive for each level.
For Sephora’s sale, the VIB Rouge Members are given the advantage of shopping a few days earlier than the VIB Members. They basically get first picks at everything that Sephora has to offer. VIB members get their opportunity right after.
The Ulta Friends and Family Sale is pretty similar. It requires that you have a points card. It too, is 20% off your entire purchase. The only difference between the two; Sephora’s 20% off coupon can be used as often as you would like (in-store & online) throughout the dates provided. Ulta’s is a one-time use (in-store or online). I enjoy shopping in-store for these sales. But, beauty products get picked over early, especially limited-edition holiday sets. It also doesn’t help that the Sephora VIB are following the VIB Rouge members. This is not too much a problem for Sephora, because I can come home, get online and purchase any products that were not available in-store. But Ulta’s one-time use is not so kind. I have decided that this year, I am only shopping online for Ulta’s Friends and Family sale, because I am not willing to miss out on any deals.
I pretty much prepare for these sales year round. In my notes app on my phone, I create two lists: Christmas Gift List and Stock-up List. The stock-up list gets a lot of love throughout the entire year. I pay close attention to products that I may run out of throughout a year time frame. To get good at this, you have to be informed of how long a specific product that you use tends to last. There are some beauty and makeup products that I go through several of throughout the year. Therefore, I may be purchasing, lets say 6 eyebrow pencils all at once. It also takes meticulous budget planning. Let’s face it, if you are stocking up on a substantial amount of items, it isn’t going to be cheap!! My total is quite astronomical, year-after-year. I start putting money from each paycheck in an envelope several months prior to these sales, so that I can afford to utilize these savings and stock-up.
I am going to divide my lists in two: my Stock Up and my Christmas Gift List. Most products can be purchased at both Sephora and Ulta, but not all. I will put a (S) for Sephora and a (U) for Ulta next to each item indicating which stores (or both) that you can purchase it at.
STOCK UP SALE
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo + Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner (S) (U) I love the current shampoo + conditioner that I use by Living Proof. I have never given the PHD range a try. Bu I have heard rave reviews. So this is a newcomer.
- Joico K-PAK Shampoo + Joico K-PAK Conditioner (U): I am crazy about the Joico line and have bought shampoo + conditioner’s by this brand in the past. My hair stylist uses these particular ones on my hair and I love it. This will be a newcomer, as well.
- Clairol CC Plus Color Seal (U) I will also be purchasing some of these to put in my girl’s stockings.
- It’s A 10 Miracle Styling Mousse (U): This is a stock up item that you will see in my Hair Styling Products blog post. In fact, a lot of the hair items in my ‘Stock Up List’, you will find in that blog post.
- Bed Head After Party (U)
- Smooth Sexy Hair Smooth & Seal Anti-frizz & Shine (U)
- Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay (U)
- Pureology Stylist Supreme Control Hairspray (U)
- Yes to Cucumbers On-the-Go Towlettes (U) I will purchase several of these. They are perfect for my on-the-go p.m. skincare caddy.
- Vichy Idealia Life Serum (U)
- Algenist Firming & Lifting Eye Gel (S) (U) Sephora Link
- Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (U)
- L’Occitane Almond Smoothing and Beautifying Milk Concentrate (S)
- L’Occitane Almond Exfoliating And Smoothing Delicious Paste (S)
- C. Booth Ginger Sugar Body Scrub (U)
- Donna Karen Deodorant (S) (U) Sephora Link
- Hanae Mori Butterfly Eau de Parfum (S)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (S) (U) Sephora Link
- Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder (S)
- NYX #Nofilter Finishing Powder (U) This was recommended to me, and I wanted to give it a try. Stay tuned for a review.
- Soap & Glory Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder (U) This was also recommended for me (for shine control). I will keep you posted.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz (S) (U) Sephora Link
- Kat Von D Ink Liner (S)
- GlamGlow PLUMPRAGEOUS Matte Lip Treatment (S) A recommendation .. stay tuned for my thoughts.
- Boscia Blotting Sheets (S)
Recommendation: Clarisonic Gift Set I already have a Clarisonic, so I don’t need to purchase one. I am also stocked up on brush heads for the year. But if you are in the market to gift yourself or someone else a Clarisonic, this is the time to do it. If you already own one, it is also the time to stock up on your replacement heads: Clarisonic Mia 2 or in Tie Die | Replacement Heads in Deep Pore / Acne / Sensitive / Cashmere / Smart Dynamic
CHRISTMAS GIFT LIST
- Bare Minerals ‘Your Kiss is on My List’ 8-pc Gen Nude Lip Set (U) For your nude lip lover!
- Maybelline Color Jolt Trio (U) You know how much I love my Color Jolt in ‘Stripped Down’. I know the perfect person to gift this too!
- Too Faced Totally Cute Eyeshadow Palette (S) (U) This is adorably PERFECT for any ‘Pips’ in your life! Decorate your own eyeshadow palette with stickers. A MUST HAVE!
- Bare Minerals Smile. Laugh. Wink. 3-pc Eyeliner Collection (U)
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter (U) This is on one of the daughter’s Christmas Lists! And for good reason ….yum!
- The Body Shop Satsuma Treats Cube (U) Perfect addition to the Body Butter (above). I am also a sucker for any gifts that I (or Santa) can hang on the tree
- IT Cosmetics SuperHero Mascara Ornament (U) More tree trimming gifts!
- Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex’ Mascara Ornament (U)
- L’Occitane Deliciously Addictive Almond (S)
- Caudalie Grapest Body Essentials (S)
- Givenchy Le Rouge ‘Heroic Pink’ (S) This is for me, as I splurge on myself every year and ask for or buy one luxury lipstick. This is one that I am eyeing. I am also eyeing one by Chanel. Maybe I need two, this year.
- Sephora Favorites ‘Beauty Unmasked’ (S) I always like to pick up one ‘mask’ set, and this one sounds great and so affordable!!!
- Sephora Favorites ‘Ready, Set, Style! Styling Spray Collection (S) What a great way to try out several different products and see which one you may want to eventually purchase in a full size.
- Nest Candle Trio (S)
- Miu Miu Gift Set or the Mini Gift Set I love this perfume. It is my Signature Scent. Check out this blog post, here
- Kat Von D The Bow N Arrow Set
I also purchase a few Limited Edition Beauty Sets from Nordstrom. I will share those with you in my Christmas Gift Guides.
There you have it. A start to my Stock up and Christmas Gift List. I am sure by the time the sales arrive, I will have added to these lists. I will keep you posted, as I do. I will also remind you to head back to this blog post, the day before the sales start. If you do your shopping online, feel free to utilize my links. Happy list making!